Why is the infestation so bad? With the recent record rainfall and blast in warm temperatures, they have been able to multiply very quick. Integrity Tree Services treats for mosquitoes and would love to help you with this nuisance insect.
Our treatment is safe for kids and pets. After treatment, you are required to let the product dry for 1 hour and then you can return outside to enjoy your investment you have worked so hard for. Mosquitoes lay up to 250 eggs at a time in still water and they hatch within 7-15 days. During the off-season, mosquitoes can lay dormant for up to one year. If standing water is eliminated weekly, many mosquitoes will be kept from breeding in the first place. So if you are anti-mosquito and want to abate these pesky insects, start by getting rid of breeding grounds in your yard.
Common mosquito breeding grounds:
- Bird baths
- Old tires
- Open containers – cans, jars, bottles or anything that can hold as little as an ounce of water. In fact, mosquitoes can breed in as little as a drop of water. Even recycle bins may have some open containers that can collect water. Don’t forget trash cans and trash can lids too!
- Hollow trees
- Water gardens & ponds – decorative ponds without fish and other large areas of standing water
- Wading pools
- Drainage ditches
- Any area of standing water is a potential mosquito breeding ground!
Ways You Can Help Eliminate Mosquito Breeding Grounds:
- Dispose of old tires, buckets, ceramic pots, and other containers in your yard that may collect water.
- Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water.
- Drill holes into the bottom of tire swings.
- At least once per week, empty standing water from containers, including bird feeders, on your property.
- Drill holes in the bottom of recycling containers that are left outdoors. Drainage holes in the sides of containers allow sufficient water to collect in which mosquitoes may breed.
- Clean clogged roof gutters, particularly if the leaves from surrounding trees have a tendency to plug up the drains. Flooded roof gutters are easily overlooked but can produce hundreds of mosquitoes each season.
- Turn over plastic wading pools when not in use.
- Turn over wheelbarrows when not in use.
- Store boats covered or upside down, or remove rainwater weekly.
- Aerate ornamental pools or stock them with fish. Water gardens are fashionable but become major mosquito producers if they are allowed to stagnate.
- Clean and chlorinate swimming pools that are not being used. A swimming pool that is left for a month can produce enough mosquitoes to infest an entire neighborhood. Be aware that mosquitoes may also breed in the water that collects on swimming pool covers.
- Keep drains, ditches and culverts free of grass clippings, weeds, and trash so water will drain properly.
- Fill in low areas on your property to eliminate standing water. Ponds or streams where fish are present or the water is disturbed by current or wave action do not produce many mosquitoes; standing water is more of a breeding area. So, if you have mosquitoes, the standing water in your backyard has got to go! This will be the start of your anti-mosquito campaign.
- The final step is to have an effective outdoor mosquito treatment that can help you enjoy season-long protection from the dangers of mosquitoes.
Invisible Mosquito Shield of Integrity Tree Services will help you reclaim your yard and protect what matters most.
MOSQUITO ABATEMENT PROGRAM
While you’ve been outside either working in your yard or playing with your kids, you have also encountered nature’s mosquitoes. Invisible Mosquito Shield of Integrity Tree Services would like to help you enjoy your property from spring-to-fall without you having to fight off biting pests.
Our Mosquito Abatement Program is safe and effective. The treatments in this program not only repel mosquitoes, but also fleas and ticks. Depending on the amount of rainfall we experience, the average treatment can last 2-3 weeks!
Diseases carried by mosquitoes include:
- West Nile Virus (high risk in Ottawa & Kent counties)
- Equine Virus (confirmed in Barry and Calhoun counties)
- Zika Virus (now confirmed in Michigan)
- Heart Worm (found in pets)
Treatment costs start around $95 per application depending on the size and density of the property.
Let Invisible Mosquito Shield help you reclaim your yard and protect what matters most. Email our Certified Arborist and Tree & Shrub Care specialist, Adam TerBeek, today to schedule an appointment!